Blog Archive

Monday, September 14, 2009

Citrus Grill Crusted Salmon with Mango Chipotle Salsa

The last of the teenagers just went off to college. The youngest is now a 4th grader. I have more time on my hands to create recipes...or so I would have thought.

I'm cleaning...still cleaning...One evening after cleaning, I realized that I had forgotten to take out a meat from the freezer. I did not want to go to the store because it was raining. I settled on flash frozen wild caught salmon steaks that I had purchased from "Wally World" aka Walmart. I set the individual vacuumed sealed steaks in water and 30 minutes later they were ready for the grill.

I used The Rocket Grill, however an indoor grill works just the same (I just wanted no mess to Clean Up). The Rocket Grill can be purchased at Bed Bath & Beyond or on www.amazon.com It goes for around 50 bucks and it is worth every penny.Parchment paper refills can be bought online or in the store.
*************************************************************************************

Citrus Grill Crusted Salmon Steaks


4 Salmon steaks (1/2 inch)
2 Tbsp. extra light olive oil
1 Tbsp Durkee Grill Creations Citrus Grill Seasoning
1 Tbsp. Weber Grill Creations Roasted Garlic & Herb
1 tsp. freshly ground pepper

Rub salmon steaks with olive oil. Mix all seasonings in a bowl. Sprinkle front and back of salmon steaks and let sit for 15 minutes.

Meanwhile, heat your grill (spray with Pam grilling spray) or preheat Rocket Grill for 5 minutes.

Place all 4 salmon steaks on grill or(place 2 salmon steaks in parchment holder that comes with the rocket grill).

Grill 3 minutes on each side. If your using a rocket grill, Grill according to instructions: 4 & 1/2-5 minutes


Serve with a pineapple Mango Chipotle Salsa. It can either be store bought or freshly made with:


Mango Chipotle Salsa
1 mango, diced
1 cup Fresh pineapple, chopped
3 heaping Tbsps. fresh salsa (found in produce department)
1 tomato, diced with juices
1/2 inch ribbon of tomato paste, concentrate
1 tsp. balsamic vinegar
juice of one lime
1/4 tsp cumin
1 chipotle, skinned and diced (can is fine)

Combine the ingredients and place into a non-reactive bowl. Spoon a bit onto the salmon.

No comments: