Blog Archive

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Asparagus and Mushrooms

I apologize for not writing this past month. I had been working overtime due to call outs over the winter (flu season). I guess I am fortunate in that nursing is a recession proof occupation.

I was weeding out my herb garden the other day and took note that several lizards had set up home under my sage plants. When they shot out in all directions I fell backwards.I grabbed the closest thing to me to hold onto which was my rosemary plant. I now know that I have a very strong and healthy heart. With a few sprigs in hand and a sore bottom I decided to use them in this asparagus dish which is easy and delicious.


Asparagus & Mushrooms

1 lb. asparagus
8 oz. sliced white mushrooms
1 small onion, sliced
1 small sprig rosemary, chopped
1-2 Tbsp. olive oil
2 tsp. soy sauce
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
pepper to taste
(optional)- freshly grated Parmesan cheese

Preheat oven to 425F. Snap asparagus in half. Discard the woodsy bottom half. I like to peel the bottoms with a vegetable peeler then chop them up and add them.

Toss the asparagus and the remaining ingredients in a bowl them placed them in a non stick baking dish or use the non-stick aluminum foil. Bake 15-18 minutes. I like mine with or without cheese.

*************************************************************************************

Favorite Cookware/gadget: Kuhn Rikon vegetable peeler. I have had mine for 7 years and it is still sharp.
**************************************************************************************

Enjoy!

The Frye Girl 2 U

No comments: