Blog Archive

Monday, January 5, 2009

Happy New Year 2009- New York Cheese Cake

Happy New Year 2009!


This year brings change. A change in our President, a change in our economy, a change in “war politics”. Every January I always found myself accidentally writing on checks or paper work the date of the previous year. I know a lot of you can relate. This year though it seemed almost second nature to automatically write 2009. Could this be because 2008 left a lot less to be desired?

I didn’t make any New Year Resolutions. I brought in a new plant instead. A Peace Flower. I bought it during the last week in December and it has bloomed twice. This exquisite single stemmed pastel pink/white flower bloomed over a 3 day period. My thoughts were of Hope, Strength, and Courage. A gentle wave of calmness settles within me each morning as I look upon this wondrous beauty of nature. Another stem is peeping out under it’s soil to climb it’s way next to this Peaceful Flower. I look forward to it’s change.
I thought about this recipe while I watched Dick Clark bring in the new year.
***********************************************************************

New York Cheese Cake

2 cups graham cracker crumbs,
2 large eggs, beaten
1 stick of salted butter, melted
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup sugar (divided)
2 Tbsp. cornstarch
2 lbs. cream cheese, soften
1 cup sour cream
*Extra graham cracker crumbs or your favorite topping


Preheat oven to 450F. In a bowl place graham cracker crumbs, melted butter and 2 Tbsp. of the sugar. Blend well. Press mixture into bottom & sides of a greased 9 inch spring form pan. Chill in freezer, while preparing cake. Beat cream cheese & remaining sugar on medium speed until well blended. Add beaten eggs, vanilla and cornstarch. Blend another minute. Stir in sour cream. Pour mixture into graham cracker crust and bake x 10 minutes. Reduce temperature of oven to 200F and bake another 45 minutes. *This is important: Turn OFF oven. Allow cake to cool with the door slightly ajar for *3 hours. Remove sides from pan and sprinkle with extra crumbs or topping.
This Is A Very Good Cheesecake! Forget Store Bought and Yes, you can make it & Yes it will turn out Great!
************************************************************************

Favorite Cookware: Wilton Spring form Pans


Enjoy!

The Frye Girl 2 U

No comments: