Blog Archive

Friday, December 5, 2008

Rhode Island Red aka Chicken Tetrazinni

I was taking my little boy to school this morning. I had just turned off the rickety back road onto an off paved road pressing down on the gas to hit the 55 mph allowable speed.

At least 10 Rhode Island Red chickens at that very moment decided "They" would cross the road despite the fact that I am sure "They" saw me first. So, what did I do as I started releasing my foot from the gas pedal?I swerved of course despite the fact that "They" continued to cross the road while several of "Them" just stopped in the middle of the road to give me that "I dare you" look.

I managed to zigzag around these feathery creatures while my passenger in the back seat with all of 9 years of wisdom said to me,"You know we could have been killed over some stupid chickens yet when the neighbor's dogs were chasing our car back there you never swayed".

I calmly told my son in which I hoped was a grown-up logical answer that those 2 dogs have bigger brains and knows better than to chase cars and as noted they did not get hit.

Now before I continue, the chickens would have been hit and rolled like bowling pins had there been another car coming towards me.

I pictured the largest of these " menacing starring at me" chickens sitting in a tub of salted water in my mud room as I looked back in my rear view mirror. One day...........................................by accident of course.....................and through no fault of my own one of these Rhode Island Red's will be in my bucket and knowing me, I will give the poor soul a proper burial.
************************************************************************************

Turkey/Chicken Tetrazzini Serves 6-8

2 cups of left over shredded turkey or Rhode Island Red roasted chicken

1 box of fettuchinni noodles (Mueller's), in salted water cooked al'dente' & drained

1 jar of Bertolli Alfredo Sauce

1 8 oz pkg. Cremini Mushrooms,sliced, salted & sauted' in olive oil

1 garlic clove minced and added to the mushrooms

1 Tbsp. chopped parsley

1/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese

Combine all of the ingedients and toss with the fettuchinni noodles. Serve immedietly. Grate more parmesan cheese to your liking.

This is a quick kid friendly meal. Just add a salad (Romaine lettuce), slices of red onions, garbanzo beans, chopped boiled egg and crispy bacon and croutons. Serve with your favorite dressing.

*********************************************************************************

My Favorite Kitchen Gadget

I Love my Pasta strainer. I bought mine at Williams & Sonoma many years ago. I have bought the microwave kind (doesn't work-don't waste your money) also the one advertised "as seen on tv" pasta in a tube. Again, don't waste your money. Invest in a nice big pasta pot with strainer. Rachel Ray has one that if I were in the market to get another past pot this would be my choice.
Check her line out at www.rachelray.com or www.amazon.com


Sincerely,

The Frye Girl

No comments: