Blog Archive

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Tortellini & Eggplant ala Lynn

I have an herb garden that is a little over 4 years old. I grow sage, rosemary, oregano and thyme year round. I re-plant basil, dill, cilantro and marjoram each spring. I also have a big family of lizards living within these plants who take care of all the bugs. My herb garden has flourished and I have shared the bounty with friends and family.

I made a pasta/eggplant dish from the back of a Bertolli tortellini package using some of the basil. Of course I added my own spin. This is a great dish as a main course.


1 package of cheese/spinach tortellini-cook as directed
1 TBSP olive oil
2 TBSP unsalted butter
1 tsp. minced garlic
1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
1 small eggplant, peeled and diced
1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
10 fresh basil leaves
1/2 cup heavy cream
salt to taste (Lawry's Season Salt)
Optional:garnish with chopped fried onion rings

Cook tortellini according to directions. Heat olive oil and unsalted butter in saute' pan. Add minced garlic and red pepper flakes; cook for 2 minutes. Add diced Eggplant, cook additional 5 minutes. Add cherry tomatoes, basil and heavy cream. Cook
on medium low for 5 more minutes. Remove from heat and toss with tortellini.Season with Lawry's Season Salt.
Garnish with chopped fried onion rings and serve immediately.
************************************************************************************

Enjoy!

The FryeGirl 2 U

No comments: